These are the ingredients you require for this delicious tofu scramble recipe.
- 2 tbsp oil (organic extra virgin coconut oil)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, this can be bought in the Asian aisles in the big supermarkets. Finely chopped ginger and garlic will work just as well
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder or regular chilli powder
- 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 cup tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to cook tofu scramble?
- Firstly, in a large pot or frying pan, heat the oil and saute the cumin seeds until they turn aromatic.
- After this add your onions, green chillies and the ginger-garlic paste, or chopped ginger and garlic, whichever you are using.
- Saute the mixture until your onions turn slightly golden brown.
- Then add your tomatoes and saute until they turn mushy and soft.
- Now add your spices, ½ tsp garam masala powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Continue to roast the spices on a low heat for about a minute.
- Add crumbled tofu and mix gently without mashing it to nothing.
- Then cover and simmer until the tofu is cooked well, roughly about 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed fenugreek and coriander leaves.
- Finally mix it all together to make sure everything is combined well.
- Serve your tofu scramble hot with chapathis or bread.
Now for the best part, sit back and enjoy!
If you have enjoyed this tofu scramble recipe, then please share with your friends. Some poor folk are yet to realise how tasty a vegan diet can be! Enlighten them.